Monday, November 24, 2008

Ji Hong-Yu Trail questions

Character:Ji Hong-Yu

1. Question: How much do I care about the cultural revolution?
Answer:I abandoned my family when they did not allow me to go to Tiananmen Square to see Mao. Though my mom was sick and needed care I went any way to Tiananmen Square. The cultural revolution was more important than family matters(104-105)

2. Question: How did I get to Tiananmen Square?
Answer: (include page #)I had to ride a crowded train and sleep in an office building.I also had to eat outside in the rain but I was so happy that I was going to see Mao that I hardly noticed. I was willing to suffer physically for the Revolution.(page 106)

3. Question:Why did you care so much about supporting Mao and the Cultural Revolution?

Because Mao supported a Proletarian Revolution and elevating the peasant status. He took power away from landlords, and gave it back to the peasants and the Communist Party. This was good for most Chinese people, it gave them power.
Peasants and Red Guards like me are allowed to hold struggle meetings against people in black classes, and I think this is a good thing because the people in the black classes are holding China back. ( notes on china video)


4.) Why did you establish revolutionary ties with other red guards? Why was that important?

A.It was important to establish revolutionary ties because so many people support Mao so they need to organize to do more of Mao's work. In Bejing I saw thousands of people from all over china cheering for Mao. He looked straight at me! (106-107)

Clearly I saw the people thinking what he was doing was right

No comments: